For Apple, there is no shortage of happy, satisfied customers from their range of products, including the iPhone6. It comes with a vast array of custom apps and content that they can pick to their heart’s content. Some people, however, are not happy with the rules and limitations that Apple imposes on all users of its iPhone products. The default apps and settings are usually very restrictive and do not allow more technical and creative users to customize their operations.
3rd party developers or lone-wolf programmers are also blocked from implementing custom features. Considering Nigeria’s iPhone 6 price, a growing number of users feel that they should have some measure of the ability to customize their phones how they want. It is these users who very often lead the jailbreaking movement. In this write-up, we shall discuss the pros and cons of jailbreaking iPhones and iPads.
Jailbreaking enables creative users to bypass the limitations imposed on the operating system by Apple. This process lets you have full control of your iPhone. Jailbreaking also allows users to install apps that would otherwise be banned or unauthorized by Apple. It also enables users to overcome the overbearing security features Apple has put in place.
At the moment, jailbreaking is entirely legal in the US and elsewhere. However, it would help if you kept in mind that once you jailbreak your device, your warranty is considered null and void by Apple. Since iPhone brand devices were launched, it has been a consistent game in which the company tries to stay ahead of the people who jailbreak their devices.
On Unix-based operating systems like Mac and Linux, users can install any program they want, as well as customize hardware. Jailbroken phones allow you to pick your favorite browser or email app and set them as your defaults.
Jailbreaking in the age of mass surveillance
In this modern era, where organizations and companies try to outdo each other at the collection of user data, you need to know how you can maintain some measure of privacy even if you continue using Apple devices. Nigeria’s iPhone 6 price is a definite motivation for you to attempt to jailbreak your device. You will be able to install open-source apps that do not mine your data without your permission and send it to the companies.
Advantages of jailbreaking iPhones and iPads
- You will be able to do whatever you want with your phone. It is yours, after all.
- You can get enhancements for your iPhone apps. Jailbreaking lets you boost third-party and stock apps on your device. You will also get access to apps hosted on the Cydia store, which offer extra functionality to some apps such as Instagram.
- Security Lock for apps and folders – contrary to popular belief, jailbreaking your iPhone can improve security through locking private folders and apps with Touch ID and passcodes or passwords. Shady users without permission will not be able to access locked apps.
- A jail-broken iPhone also enables you to add a beautiful custom theme and file manager.
- Considering Nigeria’s iPhone 6 price, losing the warranty due to jailbreaking a device may not be the best option for some users.
The only drawbacks to jailbreaking your iPhone include a possible loss of warranty or loss of personal user data on the device. You can overcome this by backing up your data first before jailbreaking. The benefits far outweigh the risks: you can get custom apps from third-party developers, and you can use a custom theme and file manager on your device.